Free
Message: Thacker Pass protest story is picked up by Xinhua News

Roundup: U.S. largest lithium mining project faces strong resistance-Xinhua (chinaview.cn)

I don't know about you guys, but I find it quite interesting that key figures in the "resistance" to construction of LAC's proposed Thacker Pass lithium clay mine would be talking to Xinhua.

OK, so what is Xinhua?

In Mandarin it literally means New Language.  It is the title of the New China News Agency, but "in reality" it means:

The Official State Press Agency of the People's Republic of China.

The article linked above is just a rehash of old information, but why would this story about Thacker Pass be of interest to the New China News Agency and why would those interviewed in this story be so willing to be interviewed by reporters from a State News Agency so inimical to the U.S.?

Just a little interesting twist on the continuing melodrama of the proposed Thacker Pass lithium clay mine.  

Really??  Xinhua? 

What is next?  Interviews from Pravda?

Maybe Sparks, America will be hosting "journalists" from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation in our hotels and motels as they journey out to Humboldt County, Nevada to beat the bushes for stories from the "Thacker Pass Resistance"?  Then again, they wouldn't have to journey very far since the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony's 1.2 square mile location is just East of U.S. 395 (also known as I-580 on that section adjacent to the RSIC location) in Reno.  They might just take an Uber or one of the new Pedicabs available for public transportation in Reno.

Reno: Downtown Pedicab Motorized Tour | GetYourGuide

Wow!  Xinhua? 

Must be a slow news day in Beijing, eh?

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply