Free

Like most judges, she is not without some controversy.  She overturned a Felony Deportation Law back in 2021 and ruled against Amarin the year before.

"LAS VEGAS (AP) — In a court ruling with potentially broad implications for U.S. immigration cases, a federal judge in Nevada found that a criminal law that dates to 1929 and makes it a felony for a person who has been deported to return to the United States is unconstitutional."

https://www.wcax.com/2021/08/20/us-judge-nevada-felony-deportation-law-unconstitutional/

A very disgruntled Amarin investor had this complaint about Judge Du:

"After presiding over a bench trial in January 2020 involving Amarin, Judge Du ruled that Amarin patents for Vascepa were invalid on the grounds of obviousness, a ruling that caused Amarin to lose billions in market cap, and causing the stock to lose 70% of its value."

I am making no comment as to my own belief or opinion about either of those decisions by Judge Du, I am only pointing out that, like every other Federal Judge on the bench, she has had controversial decisions in her past. 

The point?

That she is not immune from making controversial decisons in the future.. as, for instance, in August or September regarding LAC.  Yup, I am fully aware, that whatever decision a judge makes in any case that the losers will have complaints about that decision and the winners will rave about how just and sagacious the judge was in rendering that decision.  That will be the same way our own little melodrama turns out.

In the case involving LAC and BLM before Judge Du, there will be a winner and there will be a loser and the winners will praise her and the losers will demonize her.  It goes with the territory fo being a judge.  

Onward through the FOG!!

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply