Free
Message: Why electric planes are taking off at Flight Schools!

My  grandkid turns 16 on Sunday, 4 September.  One of his presents will be a 2 hour "Discovery Flight" with a local Flight School, should he decide to accept it. 

I took him to Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands a year and a half ago and I could't get that kid to take Scuba lessons, get on a Zip line or take a ride out on a large catamaran.  "Discovery" was not in his vocabulary on that trip, so seeing him agree to take a 2 hour "Discovery Flight" in a Cessna 172 where he would be at the controls for up to 85% of the time is not a "done deal" by any means.

I remember taking flying lessons way back in the 1960's and soloing after 6 hours dual with an instructor, but that was then and this is now.  Things have changed.  I didn't stick with it because at the time I was eligible for cheap lessons as an active member of the U.S. Army and I didn't have the "bread" to continue as a civilian, but boy what an experience for a young guy to have!  My hope is that my grandkid will finally get excited about something of a "Discovery" nature.  Maybe, maybe not. 

A multi-generational gap seems to have disconnected the two vastly different generations regarding "Discovery" things.  I suppose he would have the same downer attitude toward my old Honda motorcycles and my 750 BMW "Beemer" with a Blue Max fairing and Krauser Bags.  No sense of "Discovery", unless you are talking about video games, eh?

OK, enough introductory comment.  My post was meant to focus on a development in the world of electric planes and how one Flight School is incorporating them into their fleet of training aircraft.  The link to the story is below.  While electric airplanes may never predominate the world of General Aviation they will become a nice little, or even big?, niche in that area.  I have already addressed previously the expected utilization and expansion of electric airplanes in commercial aviation.  Short hop commercial transport is a vacuum today for ICE airplanes and jet commercial planes and that vacuum is perfect for electric planes to fill.  Fill it they will indeed do!  This isn't a prediction, it is a reality.  So many companies are already in this commercial aviation field and more will be coming.  

So, how does that affect LAC?  Same story.  More lithium products = more demand for lithium and the greater the demand for lithium then the greater will be the future of those companies that produce lithium. 

LAC will be a major player in that market and that is why we all hang in there with our investment in LAC while the share price drops just like a HARM missile zeroing in on the top of a T-72 Russian tank in Ukraine.  The top armor of those tanks is too thin and the support of LAC at $30 a share was also "too thin".  Same result:  "Boom!"

The difference in that analogy is that, unlike the tank, LAC will rise from the ashes like the Phoenix and soar.  The market, in the meantime, is transferring money from the impatient to the patient, eh?  I hope the old guy was right about that axiom as it applies to LAC, because soaring is not what we are doing at the moment. At the moment it is more like being in a dual controlled Cessna 172 as a student with the instructor pilot in the adjacent seat and yelling:  "Pull UP, Pull UP... NOW!!"

Patience?  Right?  The Sage of Omaha vs Jim Cramer.  

Doesn't this ever get any easier?

So, message to LAC:  "Pull UP, Pull UP.... NOW!!"

Why electric airplanes are taking off at flight schools (msn.com)

New Message
Please login to post a reply