Free

Good interview, thanks for posting. A lot of recycled information so I always look for nuance. In the case of this interview, I note that the first question was regarding world lithium abundance, and instead of referring to world abundance, Evans mentioned the abundance in the US and Canada only.

Evans has always been very good in these interviews at not making them about LAC specifically when the questioning is about lithium supply generally, but he does always plant seeds by mentioning issues directly related to LAC in a general reply. For example, he mentions new local infrastructure around development sites to include schools, and as we know LAC plans to build a new school in the community next to Thacker Pass to reduce the impact of heavy trucks on nearby roads on the children.

The fact that he chose to only refer to the US and Canada in his opening response suggests to me the beginning of the pivot to acknowledging the split of the company into North and South America operations, and of growing their North American presence to include significant Canadian holdings, no doubt starting with their GT1 relationship. Their Argentinian growth is well underway with their growing partnership with Ganfeng in Cauchari and with Arena, and their development of Pastos Grande. I like that they seem to be turning their focus up north.

New Message
Please login to post a reply