Free

Just a thought - and hopefully someone with more legal expertise than me can speak to this - but isn't this about right in terms of timeline? I think it's safe to say that we were all expecting Judge Du's decision to be made sometime Sept/Oct but the manner in which she communicates that decision would still have to follow regular judicial protocol, would it not?

Pardon the simplification but the notion that she would just put out a tweet with her verdict (again, over simplifyiing to make my point) wouldn't be in keeping with how the judicial system works. Wouldn't she be required to give both parties sufficient notice so that they can show up to court and receive her verdict in proper fashion? If that is indeed the case, I'd expect she'd have waited until she made her final decision before setting a hearing date which she's now done.

Also, I noticed on PACER that the January date has been set as a "Minute Order Setting Hearing on Motion" - Does anyone know what this actually means? Ie. Will she be rendering final judgment or is this just a forum for the oral arguments requested by LAC?

New Message
Please login to post a reply