Free

„…The basic electricity price is calculated in the EU according to a model that takes all countries into account….“

Actually, the model was quite simple: the price of the electricity is determined by the cost of the most expensive power stations, connected into the grid. And because the last power station was a mineral gas, the price has skyrocketed. But this is not the problem. THE problem was caused by stupid greenwashers at power (mainly) in Germany, who forced functional nuclear power stations out of business. On top of that, every kWh produced by solar panel and wind turbine gets a massive subsidy. All these “green” initiatives caused massive rise of gas power stations to replace coal/nuclear and to serve as the backup of solar/wind. The price of the Russian gas was just a last nail into the unsustainable coffin. It would be really great if all those green idoits would be held accountable for what was done. But that is too much to ask I guess, since most of the population is lobotomized, it is enough for them to hear, that it is all because of Putin.

Russian economy is indeed smaller than Italian, but an average Russian citizen can survive on much less wealth than average Czech, Italian or Dutch. So longer the war goes, better chances for Russia to win. Ukraine is not able to survive without external support and the support is vanishing from EU. Luckily, US is the biggest donor. EU, despite being much closer to the problem does not contribute too much. Do not have hard numbers in hands, but seeing the demonstration in the streets of Prague make me think, that there is nobody, who remember the spring of 1968.

“…but the positive thing is that conversion to CO2-free fuel and Electricity…“

With great respect to your opinion, this is just a BS. CO2 economy is an oxymoron, because we do not have any source of energy outside of fossil fuel and nuclear. So unless we start building nuclear power station is a massive scare, we are going to die in electricity poverty. EVs makes it just worse as we can already see in Switzerland, where charging of EV will be banned.

Just my 2 cents of course.

New Message
Please login to post a reply