Free

Reaching for any encouragement I can find, I came across this article about the future of batteries (and fuel cells) relative to "heavy-duty vehicles", aka: Trucks!

Rapidly declining costs of batteries and fuel cells could soon facilitate the electrification of heavy-duty vehicles (techxplore.com)

The article pushes the importance of recharging facilities, but isn't that obvious?  

I can remember not too many years ago when it was an amazing days if I saw 2 Tesla cars on the road in the same day.  Wow! What a change has happened since then.  The same will occur in regard to BEV's for Trucks.  We will start with sighting only one in a day, maybe in a week or even ony one a month.  I haven't seen one on the road yet, but all of that will change with "Time" and  there will be a day when they are a common occurence on the road, your road.

Of course, the 18 wheelers use bigger batteries, much bigger batteries.  That means that they will need more lithium, much more lithium.  That means, eventually, a higher lithium demand and higher lithium prices.  

Maybe this will all happen in your life time, eh?  

Fantasy Island or Fact?  When the FOG lifts we will know, but right now "Only the Shadow knows!"

Okiedo

PS:  You have to certified "OLD, as in REALLY OLD" to catch the meaning about "the Shadow"

If you didn't get that meaning about "the Shadow" then you are NOT qualified as being certifiably "OLD"

New Message
Please login to post a reply