Free
Message: Re: Lithium miner stocks soar as CATL adjusts output at key mine

No, Cal, LAC was not mentioned... but... the article does provide further indication about the interest of DOE in promoting lithium mining here in the U.S.  DOE already has a connection to LAC and this just reaffirms that the interest of DOE and the U.S. government has not died on the vine regarding promoting lithium mining in the U.S.  Thacker Pass remains, despite all the difficulties, as one of the lead horses in that particular domestic race to the finish line.  Challenges do indeed remain.

Did you check out that chart I mentioned for the last couple of weeks regarding the spot lithium carbonate price?  OK, it isn't anythng to call home about, but it is so nice to see a U turn, small as it is, in that otherwise downward death spiral in the lithium carbonate spot prices.  Is it an indicator of good things to come?  No, certainly not.  2 weeks of someone putting a foot gently on the share price demise brake doesn't mean that we have come to a STOP sign on the blood letting, but if one can entertain "could be" scenarios then there is at least a glimmer of possibility that we will eventually, even possibly "soon", envision a retracement of what otherwise has been a gut wrenching ride to the bottom of the well.

In fairness, Cal, my painting of this picture is more hope than factual since next week we may resume the falling knife toward the world of sub $10,000 USD per metric ton.  Certainly that is possible, but just seeing a little U turn action, little as it has been, provides at the worst some temporary respite and at the best it provides the components of that one word that is so disparaged in the world of "retail investors":    Hope.

Best to all still sailing on the SS Lithium Americas.  We can fasten back up the lifeboats for now, but caution dictates that we should not remove the life jackets just yet.  Fog is still ahead.  That would be "Mud" for Pavel.

Onward through the FOG! (Mud, quicksand, muck, manure, sludge or whatever metaphor tickles your imagination)

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply