Free
Message: Re: Is anything "New" under the sun? How about DLE, eh?

Looks like somebody has taken the DLE horse and intend to ride it into the future with brine lithium mining in Texas and DLE extraction in Canada.  

Canada, eh?  Could it be Lithium Americas?

Nope.  The Texas-Canadian partnership is the latest entry into the long list of lithium mining wannabee companies that have proclaimed that they are going to use DLE to make their company a leader in North American lithium mining and production.

The article, linked below, makes it sound like it is already a done deal, but of course it isn't.  It is still in the pre-production phase.  The company does make definite claims, though, as to "coming soon to a theater near you" sort of proclamations.  Claims vs Reality  Same old contrast, but this one could be "different".  We won't know if they really will take this out of the empirical pre-production phase into commercialization until they do it, but with so many horses in the DLE race it wouldn't be a great surprise if someone actually did break through all the barriers and ride that DLE horse into the winner's circle.  I understand they rid horses in Texas.  

And what will LAC do?  Is DLE even a secondary consideration?

Just a reminder about DLE, the idea propagated by companies touting that they will break through the ceiling and incorporate DLE as their processing step for the lithium ore or lithium brine that they mine is that the base mineral (ore vs brine vs clay?) will be processed into commercial grade lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE) within 24 hours of receipt at the processing facility.  Comparison to standard brine solar evaporation technique that takes 18 to 24 months.

DLE, if and when commercialized, is a "Big Deal".  I truly hope that the Technical Center in Reno for LAC is at least investigating this as to whether or not it could be applied to Thacker Pass.

Comments?

See the link below.  Are things really "Bigger in Texas"?

Volt Lithium starts lithium production in Texas, US (msn.com)

Onward through the FOG!

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply