Free

Oct 09, 2024 03:38AM

HC:  "- we must be at a low level regarding the lithium price?"

Daily Metal Price: Lithium Price (USD / Metric Ton) Chart for the Last Month

It looks like, from this chart, that yesterday on the 8th the price was something like $10,820 or thereabouts.  No cigar just yet, but it certainly looks much better than the deep dive down to around $10,030 or so about 1 month ago.  

As has been noted here before you can find optimistic and pessimistic published "opinions" in the mining and mining "journalist" literature regarding whether or not the lithium bursted bubble has had a patch applied to the hole in the bucket.  It is such a frustrating question to investigatee because we still see dismal reports about the decline in demand for EVs as applied to the automotive sector and at the same time we have almost daily reports of improvements in lithium batteries and lithium electrodes with reports that encourage a hope for demand of more lithium as it relates to other sections of the overall lithium demand market such as marine, aviation and storage sectors.  It is quite difficult to discern the scattering of the bones, the displacement of the tea leaves and the interpretation of the Tarot cards at this time.  Prognostications are a like a dime a dozen now.  I would have said like a dollar to a dozen doughnuts, but doughnut prices have gone through the roof while LAC/LAAC share prices crashed into the basement.

How does one sift through all of the inconsistent information that contradicts itself on one turn or the other regarding the future of lithium prices?  I am firmly convinced that the times are perfect for none other than the reliance on the WAG.  Wild on the one hand and definitely a "guess".

It would seem to this observer that we are imprisoned by all of the non convergent information regarding lithium pricing vs lithium demand and the only choice given is to fasten our seat belts and hang on for the ride.  That places me in the median between the Optimists on the one hand and the Pessimists on the other hand.  

I struggle with the same type of confusion that I see on the face of the young clerk in the variety store when I go in and take advantage of the ancient sign outside of the store and use part of its verbiage to request a pound and a half of "sundries".  The youthful countenance of the veritable "Deer in the Headlights" is quite amusing to uphold and, considering my advanced age (older than dirt), I receive a great deal of satisfaction at seeing the blank face of the clerk in this circumstance.  My own confusion, however, comes from trying to interpret what is happening with lithium and with LAC/LAAC.  It has developed into a permanent malady or so it seems.

Best to all LAC/LAAC investors.

Okiedo

Oct 10, 2024 05:30PM
Oct 15, 2024 11:31AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply