Free
Message: Into the unknown: virus hunters and their quest to stop the next pandemic

RC2, try this:  Go to the South China Morning Post home page and take a look up in the right hand corner of the home page at the symbol of a magnifying glass and enter on it.  That should bring up the Search window for SCMP.  Place:  science/article/3098039  into the Search window and Enter on that designation.  It should bring up the entire article.

I am a "member" of SCMP, but I don't believe that makes any difference if you follow those directions.  Its been a while, but I don't believe you have to be a "member" in order to peruse the articles.  SCMP has frequent articles about the Coronavirus and a lot of that information is not available to you in U.S. news sources, simply because many of the reporters don't have the knowledge base here to know what is of value and what is not on that subject.  Some of the articles do have a PRP spin and other articles have the opposite spin, the ROC spin... so you do have to stay on your toes, but I like to see what the scientists and physicians quoted in the SCMP articles have to say.  They use Western and Chinese sources for their articles so it doesn't just reflect a Chinese slant on things.  

As an example of the wide range of viewpoints in the SCMP I will mention that during the recent China-India squabbles on the China-India border SCMP posted articles showing both perspectives of that very tense international incident.... and.... there was 10 times as much info from SCMP as you could hope to secure from a U.S. source.  Another example:  they cover both perspectives on Hong Kong and the recent change in legislation affecting Hong Kongers that has led to all of the protests in Hong Kong.   

Hope this helps.   Bill

New Message
Please login to post a reply