Free

Something that might be of interest in the field of community impact is the statement below from the 2018 PFS of Thacker Pass:

"Social or Community Impact

The construction and operation of the Thacker Pass Mine and ore processing operations should not negatively affect local or regional social or community infrastructure. It is expected that employees will come from the surrounding area, which already has established social and community infrastructure including housing, retail and commercial facilities such as stores and restaurants; and public service infrastructure including schools, medical and public safety departments and fire and police/sheriff departments. Based on the projected mine life, the number of potential hourly and salaried positions, and the projected salary ranges, Project operations would have a long-term positive impact in regard to direct, indirect and induced local and regional economics.

The total number of direct employees during Phase 1 and Phase 2 is 215 and 292 respectively, with the average annual salary estimated at $86,400. An additional and positive economic benefit would be the creation of short-term positions for construction activities. It is estimated that nearly 1,000 construction jobs will be created during Phase 1 and approximately 650 construction jobs for Phase 2. In addition, there will be additional jobs created through ancillary and support services, such as transportation, maintenance and supplies. The Borden & Harris 2017 economic study, Economic and Fiscal Impacts from New Lithium Mine and Lithium Processing Operations in Humboldt County, Nevada (Borden & Harris, 2017), showed that both lithium mine and processing plant operations have positive economic and fiscal contributions to Humboldt County and the State of Nevada through increased economic activity, employment, household incomes and tax receipts. "

New Message
Please login to post a reply