Free

Cal
Feb 12, 2021 04:43PM

Hi, Cal.  You still have my 5/5 for whatever that is worth.  As for the reduction in your rating, Cal, members can readjust their rating for any other member at any time.  I don't think the reduction to 4.2 out of 5 had anything to do with your joining the POET group on another board.  By the way, Cal, Great selection... what an intersting company!!

The bottom line is that you probably said something that someone strongly disagreed with so they took it out by demoting their previous 5/5 rating.  Tell me about it!!!   I have been a member of Agoracom since 2008 and I have been down rated over and over again by someone who perceived me as a burr under their saddle.  No big deal, Cal.  The only way anyone can keep a 5/5 rating overall is to never post anything, because anytime you post an opinion you will offend someone. 

Its ironic that once a member has been rated by another member that rating tends to be stagnant for eons to come, UNLESS there is one thing that the first member has said that is perceived as a "wound" by the other member and then:  Down comes the rating given by the second member.

The converse is not true.  If you post the best note ever and everyone is in strong agreement you will find that no one goes back to raise their evaluation.  So if you were first given a 2 on an initial evaluation it tends to be set in cement since people rarely go back to upgrade an evaluation, but will downgrade their previous evaluation in a heartbeat.  It isn't that members can't upgrade their vote on your points, they just ordinarily don't take the time or the interest to do so.

I do see the reason for frustration, though.  Whomever decided to knock their evaluation down must have changed it from a 5/5 to a 1/5 and by doing so they also changed your overall score to the point that they not only downgraded your point score, they also changed your status from President to Vice President.  Perhaps that was their intent.  Been there on that receiving line myself.

Since this is Off Topic it is possible few to none will read this, however my own opinion is that you always do a fantastic job here on this Hub and I would hope that for anyone else out there evaluating your perfomance that the upgrade it to a 5/5 should they share the same opinion of your contribution as I have always had.  

Anyway, my post here is for multiple purpose, not the least of which is to explain how the cookie crumbles regarding the rating process/scale and some of the routine problems.  

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply