Free
Message: How Solid-state Battery Technology will change the world

How Solid-state Battery Technology Will Change the World (lithium-news.com)

In my opinion this is a very informative article, however I believe it underplays considerably that area of research in using lithium in future solid state batteries.  

Another perspective on solid state batteries is in the article from ASME published on 18 May 2021:

The Future of Lithium-Ion and Solid-State Batteries - ASME

Another article in Battery Technololgy relates to the opinion of 3 experts in battery technology giving their opinions on the future of solid state batteries.  They seem to be talking about using lithium in the anode or some other application also using lithium:

Opinions on the Future of Solid-State Batteries (batterytechonline.com)

A 45 minute video from a Scandanavian university explores "Printed solid-state Li-ion batteries for the future".  I don't recommend viewing the whold video, but scanning over variouls stops on it may be of some help.  It is definitely technical in detail.  Although the subject is listed as related to Li-ion printed solid state batteries they actually go into several other subjects as well, including AI applications.  I was attracted to the video on the basis of how lithium might be utilized in future printed solid state batteries.  

Printed Solid-State Li-ion Batteries for the Future - Bing video

Then there is the cracking of the code, so to speak, as mentioned in the article titled:

"Solid State Battery: Researchers 'Crack the Code' for Longer Power Cells Using Lithium Metal—Future of EVs"

A short insert from that article follows:

"Xin Li describes this discovery as the "holy grail" of the battery industry, simply because it has a higher energy density and the solid-state battery of Lithium Metal make can hold more of the previous maximum capacity. The team is now working on the stability of the battery to make it last longer, and unlock its capabilities of having self-healing and avoid degradation."

Solid State Battery: Researchers 'Crack the Code' for Longer Power Cells Using Lithium Metal—Future of EVs | Tech Times

So, there is a wide spectrum of opinions on how lithium will or will not be incorporated into future solid-state batteries.  Obviously a lot of research is being conducted on both ends of the spectrum and no one's present crystal ball can accurately decipher where we will be with SSB design ultimately when it is widely commercially available, but it is clear that much research is being done throughout the world in an attempt to keep lithium on the playing field for SSB development.

New Message
Please login to post a reply