Free

Energy-efficient way to treat water contaminated with metals could be applied at mine sites

Although this process seems targeted for Lead, might it also have applications in other mining situations?  How about using it to address the concerns of locals in regards to water quality issues at the proposed LAC Thacker Pass mine?  Notice that the process requires electricity and that the PFS on Thacker Pass points out that the Sulfuric Acid processing will generate excess electricity as a by product.  Who knows?  Something like this might be adapted to take advantage of the excess electricity generated to address any water contamination questions coming out of the future Thacker Pass mine.  Just a thought.  I realize that there may be a huge hole in my reasoning about this and, besides, the process mentioned in the article linked below is only in its infancy and not a mature technology at this point in time, but Thacker Pass isn't a going Jesse either at the moment.

Energy-efficient way to treat water contaminated with metals could be applied at mine sites - MINING.COM

New Message
Please login to post a reply