Free

So, this 2014 article takes us back in history to the point where LAC and POSCO were going to work together for a Pilot plant at Cauchari-Olaroz to rapidly extract lithium with POSCO to pay 100% for the extraction plant. This was a "Co-operation agreement" and was supposed to lead to having that Pilot extraction plant operational within the 4th quarter of 2014.

Obviously, that didn't happen!  Yet, it does demonstrate a past cooperative agreement between the huge South American steel company, POSCO, and LAC. 

What is to stop some future agreement amongst these two corporations in regard to extraction of lithium at Thacker Pass in the future?  Of course, such rapid extraction at TP is not in the PFS for Thacker Pass, but that doesn't completely shut the door on what might transpire in a future scenario, that is IF POSCO's rapid extraction techniques are amenable to a completely different scenario in regard to lithium clay mining as opposed to lithium brine mining. 

Since mining in any sence is way beyond my training I may be completely out of bounds in considering it as a possibility, but that area of expertise is not foreign to every member of this Hub.  Hopefully someone will take the time to shoot holes in my vision and show me why I am comparing apples and oranges.  On the other hand, what IF rapid extraction could be made compatible with the mining of lithium clay. 

After all, lithium clay mining to produce Lithium Carbonate and Lithiium Hydroxide is a whole new ball game. 

Just asking.   Okiedo

Lithium Americas climbs after POSCO deal, $18.5 mln rights offering planned | TSE:LAC (proactiveinvestors.com)

New Message
Please login to post a reply