Free
Message: The China lithium question: a clash of the West's corporate and strategic interests

As far as I can determine the America Competes Act of 2022 has been approved by the House and sent to the Senate where it still waits for consideration, so it has a lot of obstacles to clear before a reconciliation Combined Bill stage can occur, if ever, much less the final stage being completed of the President signing the Bill into Law.  That has not happened.

The ACA of 2022 is an interesting bill to glean through.  I confess immediately that I didn't read the whole thing, just a quick glance at key phrases as I quickly scrolled down through its entirety.

It does show a lot of concern about competing with both Russia and China throughout the world in multiple political, educational and economic ways. 

There is obviously a lot of concern amongst the U.S. House version of the Bill for the ways in which both Russia and China are projecting themselves into all corners of the world with a definite aim to decrease the influence of the U.S. in those corners.

I recommend a quick once over screen of the Bill, just for your own information.  Keep in mind that it has not been passed into law as of yet, if ever.  Still, it does show numerous areas of concern about our competition with both Russia and China.

For reference, search: H. R. 4521

House Committee on Science, Space and Technology

America COMPETES Act of 2022 HR 4521.pdf (speaker.gov)Fact Sheet

I looked at both pro and con positions about the ACA.  Just like any other proposed legislation there are a multitude of considered opinions on either side. 

am not suggesting that the ACA is either a good thing or a bad thing, I only bring it up to show that the U.S. Congress has expressed a considerable interest in the future as to how the U.S. will compete against foreign countries with less than amicable relations toward the U.S. I am not advocating for or against passage of the ACA.

The concern of Congress regarding how effective the U.S. will compete in the future with the likes of Russia and China applies to all aspects of the U.S. economy, not just lithium mining, but certainly lithium mining is an area for one of those concerns. 

And the story continues ad infinitum.  Onward through the FOG!

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply