Welcome To The MagIndustries HUB On AGORACOM

Free

A step in the right direction. I just checked in and no one had posted this from this morning. I guess with Gnorth gone, i am the new Hub Leader. Watch out, things could get crazy with me at the helm.

MagIndustries Receives Government Environmental and Social Approval for Mengo Potash Plant Construction

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 19, 2010) - MagIndustries Corp. ("Mag" or the "Company") (TSX:MAA) is pleased to announce that it has received final approval of its Environmental and Social Impact Assessment study ("ESIA") for the construction of its Mengo potash project (the "Project") from the Ministry of Sustainable Development, Forest Economy and Environment ("MSDFE") of the Republic of Congo ("ROC").

On February 18, 2010, Minister Henri DJOMBO of MSDFE informed the Company it has been given approval to carry out activities that will lead to the exploitation of the potash at Mengo under authority of Ministerial Order n degrees 883/MDDEFE/CAB. This authorization is valid for a period of three years and will be able to be renewed at the time the Project begins to operate.

MagIndustries President and CEO Bill Burton commented, "Receiving environmental and social approval from the Government of the Republic of Congo represents another major step in the Company's development and construction plans. Our positive relationship with the ROC, the improving global investment environment and increasing potash demand and pricing are all key factors as we work towards the goal of full construction start-up later this year. We would like to acknowledge the encouragement and support we have received for this project from the ROC Government."

The approval was granted based on the ESIA Study that was prepared and filed with MSDFE by the Company's subsidiary MagMinerals Potasses Congo SA ("MPC") and follows the temporary authorization which was granted on August 10, 2009 by the Ministry of Tourism and Environment. The documentation is available on the Company's website:
http://www.magindustries.com/innerpage.aspx?pageid=167

New Message
Please login to post a reply