Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

SIHNE : " If you'd kindly oblige and like to share, I would love to hear about your stories, aspirations and plans. "

I guess that I would probably attend to the retirement of all my own personal debts, mortgages, childrens College expenses, etc. first - as I imagine most people would/will do, lol. Secondly, I will set aside funds to provide for a private nurse/caregiver for my 77 year old mother when the time arrives that she can't take care of herself. My third plan will be to create a " Family Trust" from a portion of the funds, with my wife & I receiving the interest from the principal in monthly installments that would then be made to our children after we are both deceased.

Are you ready for the "CORNY" part of this "masterplan" ? My wife & I are people who have had some modest blessings in life already. We have both travelled a lot of places, experienced travel in other peoples private planes, and known fine dining experiences in establishments both foreign & domestic. We have both experienced already the thrill of buying a brand new car, having a piece of nice jewelry, etc. We already have a ranch out in the country that we hope to build a house to retire in when we sell our residence in Dallas. So what is the "corny part" ?

After a lot of careful consideration and discussion, we decided that the BULK of the "reward" our investment in MNKD brings us should be directed to the source of it's origin. The origin of our MNKD "blessings" are rooted in the goodwill, charity and benevolence found in the heart of Dr. Alfred Mann. We know how much good can be accomplished for many people in the world with even a small portion of this blessing. We intend to create a charitable trust that will provide distribution of 90% of the income it earns monthly to a number of worthy causes, with the remaining 10% to be added monthly to the "corpus" or "principal" of the trust itself.

We invision funds being used to provide immediate, "hands on", DIRECT assistance to poor people in many parts of the world. Drilling WATER wells in impoverished areas where people now walk for miles to carry water back to their homes & villages. Providing the funds for vaccinations in places of the world where disease kills people that should not have to die for lack of live saving medicines. Providing "micro" business loans that allow people in underprivelaged areas to create new business enterprises simply from the purchase of a few goats or cows; or from a few bolts of cloth to make handmade clothes from to sell at market. At our ranch home we hope to build an animal shelter for lost, injured, abused & abandoned dogs.

I know, it sounds corny, but we really do not need too much more in life, as far as "possessions". We are healthy, middle-aged, "average" type, middle-class people. Our wants, needs, and desires are relatively simple. Dr. Mann demonstrated to us that leaving "too much" to our children can rob from them a sense of ambition and the sense of satisfaction that comes with accomplishment from working towards goals in life.

Simplification. We hope someday to sit on the porch of our ranch home in the early morning; drinking coffee & watching the deer grazing. Sometimes driving down to the beach in Galveston, Texas to watch the sunrises & sunsets. An "attainable" dream, we believe, that wealth from MNKD can provide. GO MNKD ! GO DR. MANN !

New Message
Please login to post a reply