Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: When will the first subjects' results be available To MNKD?

<<I think the price will always have to be competitive with other treatments within some comparative range, and for insurance companies to cover it for a wide assortment of diagnosis'.>>

Within the Medicare population that are L.I.S. or dual eligible. These folks get all their costs for Part D subsidized by the state. Their co-pays range from 1.10 -6.50 or so for any meds. BUT the doc's prescribe generic for almost everything. This population is huge!! How do you all think Afreeza would reach them? I've seen thousands of this class for years. Most are on generics only & if they have the choice, they always go with the lower co-pays no matter what. That's all they can afford. Now, for Medicare people w/o any subsidy, they have to worry about the donut hole. Once they reach that number of ($2800?) they are now responsible for the full cost of their drugs until the total they have spent for their drugs reaches the yearly out-of-pocket spending limit of $4,550. NOBODY likes going in "The Hole" . Person takes multiple meds with some brand names, it's easy to figure out their OOP expenses for the year on what their actual costs will be. Both classes are huge, but the lower income is bigger. How does this reach them and not hurt the folks exceed their OOP for Part D?

New Message
Please login to post a reply