Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

One thing I found very interesting about both of the Oramed studies is the amount of insulin used. Their doses were 16 mg!!! That equates to about 416 units. I looked up what MNKD was using in its studies. A PR from June 2010 referenced 60 and 90 unit doses - comparing to 10 units subcutaneous injection. Maybe someone knows if they have brought it down from even that level. Still, Oramed is using amounts 4.5 to 7 times that of Afrezza! I don't know if Oramed can bring down their dosage and still be effective. One of the goals of their T2 study was to demonstrate safety and lack of hypoglycemic side effects with a bedtime dose.

Certainly, it's been noted that the effective Afrezza dose might lead to lower margins compared to conventional therapy. And certainly I believe the benefits of Afrezza over conventional therapy will overcome this. But 16 mg oral insulin!!!! It leads me to believe that in spite of what they would have you believe that their delivery method survives degradation in the stomach, a lot is getting lost along the way.

New Message
Please login to post a reply