Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Gentlemen, we (us longs) are all justifiably disappointed and the discrepancy between managements comments and the results are well documented. I think what you are disagreeing about is the motivation. OPC seems to state or imply that it is Al's self serving deceit and BABA attributes it to incompetence and lack of discipline. It seems to me there are 3 reasons management has made statements that proved incorrect:

1) They truly believed what they were saying and felt justified in sharing that information with a hungry shareholder constituency (examples: the partnership a few years ago where mnkd was left at the alter, approval in January which was reversed by underhanded dealing by a short)

2) They are using public speaking forum to communicate/negotiate w/ prospective partners (examples: when they stated over a year ago they were narrowing the list of prospects so they could transition from discussions to negotiations, the frequent use of the plural term "partners", and the continuous stream of new interested prospective partners that have recently contacted them)

3) They are trying to keep share price as high as possible so as to minimize dilution in next fund rasing (examples: reference to minimally dilutive, multiple funding options, partner by mid summer, etc)

I think they got hammered in recent lawsuit for #3, which is inexcusable. However, from my perspective, if you are a long term shareholder that believes in the science, then aren't their actions as outlined above in your best interest?

New Message
Please login to post a reply