Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Rak's post was excellent, as is yours, mdcenter! Al's a force to be reckoned with if you are his employee, no question about that. And surely there are many who won't take a job with MNKD for this very reason, after all, anyone that is that good at their job would have plenty of other opportunities.

What Mann sees in this therapy is what many of us longs see, but magnified tenfold, so he's often "irrationally exuberant" (but never Exubra). Someone mentioned the embarassment of having to inject in a bathroom at a restaurant - I doubt most are actually embarassed (I sure hope not, especially long-timers), but it is always and everywhere a pain in the behind to have to inject. This little Dreamboat device, and the powder it contains will be magical for so many who suffer from diabetes.

It's a huge winner, unless the FDA says it isn't approvable. Don't know what Mann has left in his piggy-bank, but if he has the funds or assets, I believe he'll use them. He could have diluted the shareholders far more than he has if he hadn't given the loans in the first place. I refuse to believe his main reason for doing so was to make sure he kept control of a huge piece of the company, although, surely, that was one reason.

I met Mr. Mann once, long ago in connection wtih Mini-Med, and he gave a few of us a tour of the Mini-Med facility - he gets so excited about the product and the work, the money is clearly secondary. The guy has given away huge sums to universities, etc. As far as being the best leader for MNKD, clearly, not so, if only because he is so identified with this company at this point in his life.

New Message
Please login to post a reply