Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

What a joy to read some intelligent posts and thoughtful comments. The trash posted on the Yahoo board is really disappointing. The studies are taking longer to fill than expected and I can appreciate the fact that Mannkind is making the criteria for acceptance quite tough. Some of you know I spent 3 years on an Amylin phase 3 trial for Bydureon only to see them receive a CRL and I almost sank into depression because of it.

I was excited to participate in the Bydureon trial. Besides very detailed record keeping I also had 36 clinic visits lasting between 60-120 minutes per visit. The clinic was 20 miles from home. The appointments are scheduled at designated intervals and coordinating times with study doctors is not always easy. For my time/travel/gas I received $1800 over 3 years.

While on the study I sometimes had to check my blood sugar at 4 hour intervals througout the day and night which meant waking at 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM to check. As I adjusted to the medication I suffered many lows which are at times absolutely frightening. I remember feeling ill while driving one day and pulled over and found my blood sugars to be 42. I had 45 grams of carbs 2 hours earlier and could not believe it was happening. Thank God for glucose tabs.

Bydureon and the next generation of similiar drugs is a game changer and life saver. I have doubled my position in MNKD since profitting from AMLN being sold. The profits were great but the real high is seeing this drug finally come to market.

Afrezza is the next game changer. The impact will be tenfold or greater than AMLN. I can't wait to see the day when a child takes a small inhaler out of his backpack instead of a kit to inject himself.

Thank you all. Nadathing.

New Message
Please login to post a reply