Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

i was reading this post from lia and when i got the the pyridostigmine paragraph it lost steam with me as well. he really lost my support when talking about a case of SJS and how he lumped the continuum of erythema multiforme through toxic epidermal necrolysis. i know these diseases well, and when sjs is not in a burn center or icu, it's not that bad. the death rat from TEN(rare!) is 10-40%. death rate from EM and SJS is basically 0. there were bad examples in this article or corruption, albeit a serious problem i'm sure. i will also tell you informed consent is a joke to me in the ED. a patient's signature on the consent means nothing from a medico-legal standpoint, and i would especially think so in the battlefield after a life threatening exposure. you wanna get consent for blood products when your femoral artery is pumping blood across the street?.... hold on let me run and get a pen that writes better on sand. the pediatric statements were not strong either. remember, we live in a risk averse society that is uneducated as to the specifics of medical stats. so when the news reports that a kid died from cough med exposure, no mind that a billion other doses were given with no adverse effects. again, disgusted by the truth underlying this article which i'm sure of, but not impressed with some of his examples.

AU i liked your pez dispenser comment. chris cool swimming technique. FF and rthar welcome. maybe i shoulda posted this to OT board?? haven't even looked at it yet...

New Message
Please login to post a reply