Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Ezra, appreciate both your posts. As to the one about personalities, I have to disagree; trying to figure what everyone is up to is at least half the fun of these insane boards! The stuff about MNKD itself tends to be quite repetitive. Like I've said forever, it's not what you know, or even what you might know if you worked like a demon on it, it's what you don't know that will sink an investment.

As to your second post, your point is well made, but here's why I mildly disagree, especially with developmental biotechs. The longer you're with them, the more you realize that it would have been just fine if you never even heard of them for the first 8-10 years. One can wait and wait and wait, and not risk one's money for the longest time, and just jump in with three weeks left to a PDUFA date, and be okay, or you can even wait until approval, so many haven't popped on approval lately. That way, so many more layers of risk are removed.

I think most (including me) are scared that the price will run away, so they have to get in now. That's just usually not the case at all.

Look at what OPC says he did: sell out all, and decide later whether to get back in. That's actually pretty smart and pretty disciplined. And I admit, I can't do that, I need to be in one way or another (stock, options, warrants). But so many here think this thing's going to $15, $25, and beyond, so I say, it may be worth the risk avoided to wait till it's $4, and approved or near approval. And, another thing, you might invest less money at $4 than at $2, and that might save you money in the long run.

These things are risky, I understand waiting for either a cheaper price or a higher price, both make some sense.

New Message
Please login to post a reply