Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

OPC,

I think the phamcokinetics make dosing less of an issue (certainly far less than Exubera).

"TI reaches maximal blood concentrations within 15 minutes of inhalation, with a relative bioavailability of 37% compared to subcutaneous RHI, and a half-life of 45 minutes, which is much less than subcutaneous regular insulin (approximately 284 minutes).5 "

Super fast, no tail = less hypo

15 minute onset implies the study patients can get blood work done at 15-30 minutes into the treatment reliably for dosing without fear there will be a burst from the tail later.

I always thought due to the delivery through the lungs dosing would be dependent upon an individual's lung efficiency but the comment about smokers not seeing a significant difference appears to rule this out. It appears to have less impact than I thought. Reference this very old study I came across:

http://journal.publications.chestnet.org/article.aspx?articleid=1046868

Also remember Al mentioning the work that has been done with no food (he indiciated he thought this would never work). If you can administer Afrezza without eating, it appears dosing is a minor concern IMO.

Swing

New Message
Please login to post a reply