Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Re: Inhaled Insulin: Biotech Triumph or Future Flop?

Not unfair comment, and I agree with a lot of what's said, but unlike one of those guy's comment at the end of the segment, I do like that it has run up!

There certainly have been some marketing disappointments, Exubra, Vivus' weight control drug, and Provenge, but those are all such lightweights compared to Afrezza. Well, the weight control drug could have been huge, except that it doesn't get you to lose all that much weight, at least not the way I see it. If you weigh 300 lbs, you want to weigh 200 lbs, not 265 or so.

I think Afrezza with Dreamboat sells fairly quickly, and sales will ramp up quickly as word of mouth (and media) will spread very fast - because so many people have diabetes, as opposed to the cancer Provenge treats, for example. Unless someone comes up with something better, marketing should go very well, if not spectacularly!

But getting approval, with a good set of data from the two Phase IIIs, well, that's what we need in order to have the shot at marketing. Good results should be the biggest hurdle, then FDA approval. Filing with the FDA, that's not big deal, not with the hoped for results, and a partner will come, no question, with convincing results.

As to the share price, I think we've all been surprised over the last 4 or 5 months; I'm hoping we are in the 7's the day before the data are released.

Do we think we'll have any chance to trade before the results are announced? I doubt it; I figure we might get word after close of either results or a next day, pre market news conference.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a lot riding on those results!

Jul 08, 2013 03:31PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply