Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free

Hi Sunshine,

In regards to FNC, I will be completely up front with you. I  own  a fairly large position in the stock (for me at least), my average price is $1.71. I will not get stopped out of my position because this stock is in my long term account. I have bought and I  have a plan  for my exit price on this stock. When that price point is hit I will sell 1/2, put cash in the bank and ride the other 1/2 to the stock actually drills and has assays.

I still haven't loaded up with daytrading position in FNC, but that is coming shortly, perhaps tomorrow or Wed, I was hoping for a sell-off to pick up those traders. Soon I will bite the bullet and buy at market if my price target to buy them isn't reached.

Last week I was stopped out of my position in PRB because it was a daytrading position. When playing on the daytrading side I use 2 different strategies. #1 I have my mental stop loss in place when it gets hit, I sell my position, this I use 90% of the time. #2 if I really like a stock and my stop point gets hit, I double down and buy a double position in the stock, bringing my average cost per share down.

I have no set % amount for stop losses. I know how much I am willing to lose on every trade before I buy a stock. Each trade being different, I have different amounts I am willing to lose.  Also my stop depends on type of stock I am in and the trend of the market indices in general. Many, many variables, to give a set %  on a stop loss would be lieing to you sunshine.

Hope in some way that helps answer your question.

Al

New Message
Please login to post a reply