Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free

Weekend reflections

posted on Dec 07, 2007 12:32PM

Maybe it comes with age but I now invest with a view to world events and the overall global economic picture. (Tho' I have short term traded in the McFaul plays). I am particlarly bullish on resources  in general but on gold and silver in the mid to long term and base metals in the short to mid term. Gold because of the fading $US and the diminishing bank inventories in gold because of theirvsales to prop up said $), silver because of its commercial use in electronics yet looming shortage and base metals because of the demand from Asia, particularly India and China.

I am not an economist (an engineer) so I rely on what I read (and hear) and pay particular attention to the source. Recognizing a someone with vested interest is of prime importance. What they say may be valid but take into account where they are coming from.  I now believe almost nothing coming out of the mouth of a politician. Stats that we used to use to compare month to month ie inflation have been redifined and massaged to be almost meaningless. So the point I am making is pay attention to the source. 

There are people that I follow on this and the NOT forum  because their comments are consistent and rational.  You can  "take it to the bank" to coin a phrase, and I have literally done that insofar as the extent of  investment in NOT and area plays has been influenced by the insight provided by these people.

Every so often you read an article that confirms what you believe and takes it even further. The following is such an article. It confirms that my investment sperspective is not too far off track.

http://www.kitcocasey.com/displayArticle.php?id=1742

New Message
Please login to post a reply