Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free
Icon president PM
Feb 02, 2008 02:53AM

Thank you QQ_Girl for the kind words and good morning to you. It takes time to learn an investment style that works for you. No two investors have the same mind set or ability to trade at the same level. Some are short term investors, others long, some choose to position trade, others swing trade etc etc. Over time the surviours in the investing game learn to use whatever works for them. Personally I find that a variant of daytrading and position trading is the one style(s) that seems to work for me. However there is no wrong or right way to invest if it makes you money, if you find a style that works for you, go with it.

With a stock like NOT a buy and hold strategy only works if you are in it for the long haul. Or you got lucky enough to own the stock before it made its Double Eagle discovery. I wasn't one of the lucky ones, so I have had to adapt, I scratch and claw my way to make a few bucks here and there. I trade the stock usually one to five times a day, depending on the volume of any particular day and the trend of the day. Many have asked but what happens if you are out when the news hits? My answer is who cares, I can buy the stock back at any time, I have not yet seen a time when NOT didn't have shares for a sale other than when it is halted. If I buy the stock at $4 and I sell it at $4.50, I make money, thats the end of the trade. If I have to buy it back at $6, I don't care as long as I can sell it at $6.40. For me its all about the trade.

I say this, however I often have two trades going on with NOT, a core position and a trading one. This enables me to position trade. If I buy my two positions at $4 and I hold my core but I take my traders and sell them at $4.50, I take the $.50 profit and deduct it from my core position price, now that position costs me $3.50. I then buy more traders at whatever price and try and sell them at a higher price and keep bringing my core position price down. I find this way allows me to have much less risk in case of a market downturn. Of course I sit in front of the computer every day with 10 monitors and live intraday charts, not everyone has that luxury. I'm sure my style would not work for everyone, but it does me, so far. LOL

Best of luck to you, in all your trades.

Al

Feb 02, 2008 05:38AM
Feb 02, 2008 10:06AM
Feb 02, 2008 10:37AM
Feb 02, 2008 11:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply