Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free

"If you sell just just over 5 then there is a halt what then"

Hi readyset, good question and lets try and answer it.

If I bought NOT at $4.25 and I sell it at $5.00 I would make $.75 a share. Lets say I had bought 5,000 shares, I would have made $3,750 - $14 commission ($7 X 2) = $3,736 Thats not a bad profit, pays the bills. That is the end of that transaction.

Now lets say NOT goes to $5.50 and I decide to get back in because I believe it is going higher. I lost nothing sitting on the sidelines being in cash as the stock rose from my sell point of $5 to my new buy point of $5.50. So I buy at $5.50 and I am correct the stock goes to $6 and I decide once again to take profits. From my 5,000 shares I made $.50 profit per share which is $2,500 - $14 com = $2,486, not a bad profit. That is the end of this transaction.

The above 2 examples should give you an understanding of buying low and selling higher theory. What some people fear is they sell a stock and it goes higher on them. Why is this a fear? Because they missed out on $.50 a share profit from $5 to $5.50? Does anyone here actually think NOT is going to go from $4.50 a share to $100 a share all in one day and they will miss the boat? You see if you have ever noticed there are no lack of shares to buy in NOT, every day people are selling the stock, others are buying it.

Why would I or any other investor fear not being in when a halt from NOT comes? On the above 2 examples I made a profit of $6,222 while those in fear sat on their thumbs worrying about a halt.

Buying and selling on a daily basis is not for everyone. In fact many just can't be in front of their computers all day to do this. For them, buying and holding is the only way to play. I understand this and wish them all the best. T

New Message
Please login to post a reply