Message: Xstrata Approached Over Sale of 70% Stake in Chile Copper Mine

Minera Andes work stoppage ends at San Jose mine

Minera Andes Inc (C:MAI)
Shares Issued 261,393,851
Last Close 10/19/2009 $0.74
Tuesday October 20 2009 - News Release

Mr. James Duff reports

MINERA ANDES UPDATES THAT PRODUCTION HAS RESUMED AT THE SAN JOSE MINE

Minera Andes Inc. has been advised by Minera Santa Cruz (MSC) that production has resumed at the San Jose mine in Argentina.

The San Jose mine is operated by MSC and Hochschild Mining PLC. As the mine operator, all labour relations are managed by MSC. Minera Andes supports the efforts of MSC in resolving these issues and improving labour relations.

MSC has advised Minera Andes that although this recent stoppage has been resolved, it is possible that additional temporary/minor work stoppages could occur in the future. Minera Andes will disclose any future material work stoppages at the San Jose mine and will inform the market as the various underlying labour issues are resolved. Information about the daily status of work at the San Jose mine and any temporary/minor work stoppages at the San Jose mine will be available on the company's website.

In other news, Minera Andes has been informed by MSC that the information provided by MSC in respect of the number of net ounces of gold and silver sold by MSC in the three-month period ending Sept. 30, 2009, and included in Minera Andes's news in Stockwatch dated Oct. 7, 2009, was incorrect. The correct amount of net ounces sold by MSC is 1,535,973 for silver and 24,679 for gold.

New Message
Please login to post a reply