Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

RE: I`ll try again

posted on May 22, 2006 12:03PM
IMO the best approach to avoid any risk, yet capitalize on booking a loss, is to BUY as much of PTSC as you can (maybe an equal amount to your planned sell), then (the next day) sell the shares you already planned to sell to book the loss (though the amount of loss booked will be the average of all your buys versus your sell price - so maybe around half of what you had hoped for). This way you can book 1/2 the loss to date (to use against future gains - short or long term), and not have any worries about missing a run.

Hope that`s understandable, and of course this approach is dependent on you having cash laying around for the buy. If this stock were marginable, this approach would work better (buy more on margin, then sell the next day to book a loss).

I go out of my way to avoid taxes in a legal way, but often to my detriment! (e.g., holding out for Long Term Capital Gain treatment).

Good luck whatever you do....

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply