Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Acquiring options - vesting schedules

posted on May 31, 2006 09:26AM
Reading through the 2006 Stock Option plan, there is no defined, predetermined vesting schedule. In fact, page 4 of the plan states ``Options shall vest and become exercisable as determined by the Administrator``.

Vesting and exercisable are not one in the same. For those who are new to options, ``Vesting`` is the rate the stock is handed over - it can be immeidate, or over a 1 year (1/12 every month) schedule, 3 years (1/36 every month) or 5 years (1/60 every month) or whatever is negotiated. Exercisable is when you can start dumping what you own, as dictated from the vesting schedule.

Since Hawk couldn`t answer what I seek, I have a call into Mr. Pohl to ask:

1) What the vesting schedules are for all options

2) Are the vesting schedules consistent across all parties granted options.

Too bad Sweeney was thrown relative bones in relation to the rest of the group, but realistically, his role is somewhat narrow, time limited and free from decisions.

I don`t think the recent issuance date is indicative of anything, but I`m still reading through the 2006 plan to determine if part of the plan is to regulate the timeframe in issuance of options - As an example, I am issued options every year by my employer. The Fiscal Year for the company I work at runs from 8/1 to 7/31. My options are issues at the beginning of the new Fiscal Year - once every year, and are issued at a value based on what the BOD dictates. It`s all a matter of structuring the activity.

FWIW

Regards

New Message
Please login to post a reply