Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Jan 21, 2007 07:48AM

Jan 21, 2007 08:10AM

Jan 21, 2007 08:15AM

Jan 21, 2007 08:23AM

Jan 21, 2007 08:56AM

Jan 21, 2007 10:08AM

Railery re: B/J: A friend of mine took three of his fleet to B/J a couple of years ago (two Duece coupes and something else), in a year when they didn't have a "reserve". One of the '32s went off for $90K, but the other (comparable) peaked at $60K, so he bought it back (which cost him the 8% plus the 10% - but he was still money ahead).

Wolf re Bro-in-law: I believe ya! Does he own any PTSC? LOL

Greeneyes: Shouldn't get me goin' on car memories. Cruisin' with the 8-track blaring - check'in out the girls and the street race competition (having studied Hot Rod so you knew every engine available in every car, then look for headers and traction bars, and listen for solid lifters). Literally blocking traffic at a nice, straight half mile stretch so we could do a couple runs before scattering - and remember, city cops have no jurisdiction on freeways, so if they're a comin', find an on-ramp! Lots of fun, and I recall no mishaps/injuries (except broken cars! Who brought a tow strap? LOL). Even if you got caught it wasn't that big a deal (for the first couple of times, but when they decided to nail ya, the Judge would let you decide whether to go to jail or enlist - that put one of my bro-in-laws in the Air Force where he lucked out and landed in Germany).

And the deals on cars! I made some good buys (an eventual total of 7 early Z28s, and never paid more than $2,500; 2 '70 GTO Judges - one all original for $1,400). My $500 '57 Chevy that was jacked up so high that the rear bumper came to my waist, and I'm 6'1" - and coincidently, the Pantera that only came up to my waist at the roofline.

And then there are the ones that got away (when I was in school, and couldn't afford much till I started working, though while in college had as many as 4 cars). Like the '62 Corvette fuelie, all original but needing a complete restoration, for a whopping $750 (Dad refused to loan me the $250 I was short); the '70 Talledega, all original but engine blown - something minor like a bent rod, for $500; and the '70 Charger Daytona needing help for $2,500. Now you can better understand how watching the B/J auction is very disturbing! LOL

And isn't it amazing how widespread the cruising, girl chasing, street racing thing was? Nowadays they go to the mall and play video games....what memories.

I told ya you shouldn't get me started! LOL

SGE

Jan 21, 2007 05:53PM

Jan 22, 2007 03:43AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply