Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

<<<Hello Everyone... I hope all are well.

Posted by biajj on November 27, 2006 at 12:49PM

Because it seemed to have become a concern for some, I hope that this post will help clarify my silence and status as a Shareholder and as the Shareholders Representative.>>>

Not trying to be disrespectful, but by Brian’s own admission, he is not just ‘a’ Shareholders Representative but is ‘the’ Shareholders Representative thus implying that he is the only one...however, I will whole heartedly agree with you, that his responsibility is NOT to report to the shareholders regarding company business decisions or progress but rather he is to report and advise the company regarding shareholders interest and concerns, serving as an advocate(voice) of the shareholders.

With that said, in an effort to contribute in the boards discussion regarding an "Advisory Board" with respect to its purpose and member responsibilities, I will attempt to convey my personal experience of serving on an Advisory Board.

It is my opinion, that most, if not all, Advisory Boards exist for the same purpose and for the most part, are similar in nature with respect to member resposibilities, and to add, are not uncommon for small publicly traded and/or private companies to charter one. The ‘purpose’, of which I speak, is to report to the company on shareholders concerns and in addition offer insight or suggestions for resolution. The Advisory Board, of which I served, consisted of 10 shareholders and 2 company reps. Our primary responsibility was to monitor the company’s website feature in which shareholders could submit questions and comments. We then would call to attention those questions or comments deemed legitamate and forward to the Public Relations Department for further examination. (We were a ‘filter’ so to speak). The company (PR Dept) would then communicate back to the shareholders regarding the most common and important issues via the website. We (AB) were also required to attend certain BOD meetings when called upon to give a brief update as to our personal observations and opinions as to the ‘pulse’ of the population. I was paid for my participation (2 years) and reimbursed for all travel expenses. It was a very fun and educational experience.

FWIW

Best Regards to All,

PxP

New Message
Please login to post a reply