Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

There have been a lot of posts today so maybe you missed it or maybe I missed your answer. Can you please answer RonRan's question? He is an attorney and frequents this board. Thanks in advance. GLTAL

http://www.agoracom.com/ir/patriot/message/548005

I have been hoping for a long time that one of you guys would find your way here.  Welcome.  I'm a lawyer (25+ years, federal and state court), but not a patent lawyer, so there's only so much assistance I can provide.

I was present at the Markman hearing.  The Judge ended the proceeding with the indication that the case is now considered "submitted"   ---   however, in response to your post, I would still question the possibility of supplemental briefing.  I have no prior experience with Judge Ward or any other Texas judges, but I have never found a judge in my state, Louisiana, who would not accept a short supplement if it is truly designed to address issues that remain in question in the mind of the Court (as opposed to some type of "yadda-yadda-blah-blah let me tell you again why I'm right" blowhard stuff).

In the present case, we are unlikely to get a ruling within the next 30 days, and it is my understanding that Judge Ward is going to be away on business during part of the remainder of May.  This would give his staff additional time to study any further comments that might be submitted, and for him to thus be more informed when he returns.

With the above in mind, do the Texas federal judges routinely refuse such supplemental briefs, even if they are truly "brief" and address only questions raised by the Court itself during oral argument?  I would be surprised at such, but your experience is certainly superior to mine in this context.

New Message
Please login to post a reply