Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Hi All,

Just a post on the new website (Im already ecstatic about Patriots current situation).

Agoracom your site is much improved in terms of look and feel, but telling by the average age of your audience you may want some options to resize font size for your users.  12px looks good and works fine for me but I notice a lot of users have some issues. I know the feeling, the big fonts kind of ruin the look but its the usage thats really important just a tip from one web developer to another?

The font size in posts are using the following style applied to the div with id message_wrapper.  You have it set to 13px which is a bit odd. I'd offer an option to set the size to 14px as shown below or change it from 13px to 14px.

In content.css change to:

#message_wrapper
font-size:14px;
line-height:17px;
padding:0px 10px;
color:#333
}

I would add a switcher to give the user the option to increase font size in the posts. I notice you use Protocol, I recommend also looking into jquery.  This jquery based script will make it easy to switch font sizes
http://monkeysoft.com.au/blog/?p=3

You may also want to change the buttons that say older message and newer message to previous message and next message because it seems to confuse some people.

and lastly, the inline editor that users use to post has the font set way too small.

Ok enough rambling, Congrats on the nice design and moving your site more towards web standards. I know what its like launching newly designed websites.  Everyone has an opinion give it time and work out the rough spots. You'll get there.

Back to Patriot. and thank you to Ronran, wolfpak and all for the very informative posts and research. I'm a long (7 years).  I originally bought Patriot because of Shboom and the whole java processor thing, but wow the patents are a far bigger deal. New shareholders have no idea. This company is in the best position ever in its crazy lifespan and so close to going nuclear.

New Message
Please login to post a reply