Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Is Alliancese falling short on the job ?

posted on Aug 30, 2007 10:12AM

TPL seems to be doing their job on the litigation front. But I’m increasingly feeling that Alliacense Marketing and Sales organizations are not executing as well as they could be. Sales continue at a trickle even though the product has been validated by 21 large and medium companies – and it’s a “must have” product with no competition.

Good Marketing and Sales organizations address sales constraints that are under their control. I don’t buy the argument that the pending litigation is the only constraint on sales – remember 21 companies have bought licenses and the court case appears to be going well.  I would think that Marketing organizations would see this as a strong position.

Customers for this product seem to be the Lawyers in the Legal Department of companies - in most cases. The Engineers have already been sold and are using the patents that underlie the MMP License.

It is not obvious that lawyers represent a significant part of the Alliancense sales force. It is also not clear that they have sufficient staff given the size of the customer base and sales cycle times; 400 to 600 customers, cycle times measured in months or quarters. Marketing and Sales processes may also have room for improvement.

This product has so many positives that it’s hard to understand why “controllable constraints” related to sales aren’t being removed, resulting in increasing monthly sales.

I’d like to better understand the Alliancense organization, their process, and their “controllable sales constraints”. Maybe this is a subject for the next Stock Holders Meeting.

New Message
Please login to post a reply