Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Anyone still believe Alliacense is delaying license sales ?

Anyone still believe Alliacense is delaying license sales ?

posted on Sep 13, 2007 09:57AM

Turley's statements tell me there is no intentional delaying of license sales. However, Turley did not answer the question "Are there ways to speed up the process". IMO this is what needs work - evaluate their process and fix it. At an average of $5 million per license it seems they could make changes and add resources as required. IMO they are in a strong position now. One license per week seems reaonable at this point.

Reprint of portion of Wall Street Transcript interview:

TWST: What’s the drag as far as signing companies? Is it simply balancing your resources against the deals to be made? Are there ways to speed up the process? Does it just have its own timing?

Mr. Turley: It’s a little bit of both. Although we are really happy with the rate at which we have been signing licenses, of course we prefer it to be faster. With 300 plus companies still to go, I’m going to die an old man before I can sign all of them at this rate. So having said that, we are happy with the rate, but I would prefer it to be quicker.The drag initially was that people just didn’t realize that they were using technology.There is fair amount of education involved in showing people that, “gee, you are using this technology, you’ve put it in your products and they are working very well, but golly, we invented this a few years ago,” and we so we offer them an opportunity to purchase the patent portfolio.There is some initial resistance up front simply because people are not aware. We think that awareness is going to pick up and we have some evidence that the license rate is increasing. Now that companies like Sony, AMD, Intel, Hewlett-Packard and the others are taking licenses, it’s becoming clear to everybody else that it is something they are going to need to doin order to continue to innovate their own products. So we suspect that the wheels will start turning a bit more quickly.

New Message
Please login to post a reply