Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: we didn't settle yet because...? interesting point...Big
Dec 09, 2007 07:45AM

IMO, I don't think that USPTO actions are so much at the forefront. Yup, they are there, and doing things, but on their own timetable AND with a lot of back-and-forth that may go on between the USPTO and the inventors if there is any problem. I seriously doubt that the Js have any real expectation of being able to wait all that out for a possible (but certianly not likely) USPTO "savior". I also put little credence in any "advice" given by any reps at the USPTO regarding completion dates, even the Examiner. Several things come to mind. One, it's Gov't agency - no dependable timetable for anything. It's the holiday season - everything slows to a crawl. And I suspect that when the Examiner is done, his/her results will be subject to review by higher-ups before release - can the Examiner direct his/her boss to get something done by a date certain? Try that with your boss! LOL

So what are the Js waiting for? Many things come to mind. First just ask yourself why they didn't settle a long, long time ago - when they could have gotten out on the cheap. Maybe they think they can wear our team down via extended negotiations. Maybe their lawyers are compelled (for multple reasons) to demonstrate that they are giving it their very best effort. Maybe the Js themselves want to display to the world that THEY are fighting as long as prudently feasable (thus causing others to take pause before suing the Js for other infringement). And maybe the "delay" is purely due to specific terms negotiations (installment payment plan, NDA in or out, method of payment, timing of payment, etc.).

I certainly don't KNOW what the hold up is, or has been. I just want this phase over and done! (just like everyone else! And I hope the Js cop this attitude soon!).

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply