Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Dec 21, 2007 07:06PM
Jul 29, 2009 04:47PM
Jul 29, 2009 09:12PM
Jul 30, 2009 02:24PM
Jul 30, 2009 03:18PM
Jul 30, 2009 05:14PM
Jul 31, 2009 01:12AM

Well back in with a little time this morning.

Why do I / we still whine? Because the stock does continue to have great potential as you state. But you need to consider the nature of Potential and it counterpart Unrealized Potential.

A weight rolling down an incline has a combination of realized and unrealized Potential. The potential energy is unrealized until some outside force is applied which either adds “push” (that would be us) or increases the angle of the incline (that would be good management direction, which in physics and business simply delivers the potential more quickly)

Our realized energy to date is similar to a weight rolling down a 15 degree incline. Sure, sometimes it is much steeper and sometimes less so but on average, in life and physics, its energy comes back to the potential of that 15% incline.

After so many years, don’t we have a financial interest (right / obligation) in understanding what / who it is that controls the slope? Don’t we have an interest in forming and acting on that opinion if it indicates others may be more successful?

(in my option any others, subject to the 3 provisions of minimal compensation, support of the CEO, voluntary resignation)

Being a business manager type, I totally believe the slope IS / must be controllable / controlled. It is counter to everything I know to think the slope “Just Happens”. The slope is to be controlled by active management making proper decisions which furthers the financial interests of the shareholder. (and I want to see the evidence and understand the path. In my experience, every time I have found myself dealing with people who have taken pains to unnecessarily restrict the information I receive (see my earlier posts on my heartfelt and as yet not adequately debated notion that BoD has latitude in interpretation of a NDA trumping SEC disclosure requirements), it has been a very red flag wherein my self-interest often suffered greatly)

Never having been allowed to see “behind the curtain”, (leave alone the planning behind the multiple barriers to prevent even getting into the vicinity of “the curtain”) leaves me without the tools I need to judge performance AND in my management world, a manager / BoD member who restricts information in this way is a danger.

Consider that even great performance should not entitle a manager to his secret kingdom. Look at the mess we are / were in with the investment banks, or Madoff. Each showed great success w/ limited disclosure. Each collapsed very quickly. And for those of you which say don’t shine a light, remember news does not improve with time.

So, I still believe and remain excited about the unrealized potential of the ASSETS of PTSC and after all these years, I whine and grieve over the lack of success in execution, coupled with the apparent disconnect between performance and compensation.

Last, many are down greatly in this stock and the only way to recover is to have a great winner. PTSC continues to have this potintial and so I stay.

New Message
Please login to post a reply