Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Send me 12 dozen balls and I'll answer that.....lol

No, what I mean is that someone posted a definition from the USPTO site about what a "Non Final Action" was. In that definition, they use the word applicant and refer to it as the examiners way of asking questions, disagreeing with something and/or some othere stuff (paraphrasing from memory). I assume that when someone applies for a patent, they can receive a "Non Final Action" as well.

So my point is that in a re-exam situation, the applicant would intuitively be the person applying for the re-exam. However, as I understand it, once the process is underway, the communicatoin from the examiner is between the patent holder and the examiner, and the applicant is not involved any longer. So, I don't know if the applicant would get this Non Final Action mailed to him, or if the examiner is asking TPL as the patent holder for more info.

Not sure if I'm being clear enough, but I'd like to see who this Non Final Action was addressed to, because if it DID go to NEC (or whoever requested the re exam on this patent - too late & too lazy to look it up), then it might mean that the J's told the examiner never mind, and the examiner is sending the info to them with the idea that if they don't respond in 6 months, the re exam would be abandoned. I have no idea if this is how it works, but trying to make sense of it as best I can.

Bottom line is that I've spent more time on this post than I think it's probably worth importance-wise, so gonna leave it at that.

New Message
Please login to post a reply