Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Let Us Instead be Thankful

posted on Dec 22, 2007 06:29AM

I used to argue about everything. My training as a litigator, I guess. I just don't anymore. Life is too short. Everyone is different, and you can’t change minds already made up.

My friend of mine watched years ago when his twin 12-year old boys were killed in front of his eyes by a car while riding a mini-bike. They were camping. He told them to stay on the trails. For some reason, Brandon turned off the trail and up onto the highway. A truck hit them. I am thankful I can still hug my kids and that my 16-year old daughter still comes home and sits on my lap to tell me about her day.

My 49-year old brother-in-law was called up for Iraq last year. He left his kids at home. He has been gone 10 months and won't be home for Xmas. He calls and emails to tell me how much we are doing over there that is good, and how lucky we are to be born here in the USA. I am thankful that at the same age, I am not called up, that I was born here, and that I can be with my family and loved ones this Xmas, in a warm house, with food, spirits, and both legs.  

My favorite stock, PTSC, has a remarkable year. Mr JT joined us, other quality people came aboard, debt was cleared, warrants cleared, the Texas case settled, many more signings were inked, and many more millions were banked. I am thankful for all that because the stock could be hovering at .02 cents again had the Markman gone the other way.

Let's all take a breath, and enjoy all we have this year.  When I was young, we had a bar/restaurant and my folks often invited older people who were alone for the holidays over to join Our Big Fat Greek Family (if you have seen the movie, you know my family). Call an old folk's home and ask if there is someone alone who could use a little cheer this year.  

Jimmy Durante has a song that Dennis Prager plays every time he has his Happiness Hour (every Friday). “It’s So Important, to Make Someone Happy.”  He is so right, because it will make you happy, too.

Be thankful.

Be Well.

Be.

--tps

Dec 22, 2007 06:34AM
Dec 22, 2007 06:48AM

Dec 22, 2007 07:39AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply