Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Confidentiality clauses: I may be bursting bubbles, but....

ronran / Re: SGE.....

in response to by
posted on Jan 14, 2008 02:53PM

While I've only caught bits & peices of this thread between you and SGE, I just wanted to pipe in with a quick point that may or may not have been brought up by either of you or anyone else with respect to the characterization of the settlement.

While I agree pretty much with your point of view, as I think no matter how much we THINK we can connect the dots, without specific information regarding settlements to validate a characterization either way, it's difficult to do so. HOWEVER, I think it's important to keep in mind that PTSC is trading where it's at in large part due to its "marketing" of itself. While we here may know it quite well, to the market as a whole, it is essentially UNKNOWN and its presence on the BB gives it a certain stigma. The confidentiality agreement does nothing to mitigate these factors. Also, as most people know, stock prices can be heavily influenced by comments made by analysts that cover the companies. In most cases, that coverage comes "voluntarily" by the analyst. Coverage initiation, upgrades, downgrades, etc. can and often times does violently move stock prices. PTSC has NONE of that type of coverage.

That being said, PTSC has made an effort to get a modicum of analyst coverage by essentially BUYING it. First Dutton, and then Cohen have been enlisted to provide coverage since the analyst community as a whole has refrained from doing so. By BUYING this coverage, I think one can tend to look at it as more of a PR instrument for PTSC than you would normal analyst coverage. From that paradigm, Cohen Research's characterization of the settlements as a "huge win" may carry more weight than an independent analyst's might as while not from the mouths of PTSC directly, they are a "hired hand" and as such can be viewed as a less than independent voice.

While I understand and don't think this invalidates any of your points that I've read, I'm wondering if you agree that this might be an indirect voice of PTSC's in getting the word out re: the settlements. Of course I chuckle a bit as I write this as if this were the intent, IT SURE AIN'T WORKING! lol. But in anycase, I'm wondering what you and others think about that possibility.

New Message
Please login to post a reply