Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Feb 26, 2008 08:36AM
Energy Efficient Java and Ethernet MCU and Module from Imsys
Imsys offers 83-MBps sustained throughput, with dual Ethernet, triple UART, and SPI/I2C.
December 7, 2007 -- Imsys Technologies AB efficiently bridges the gap between high-level source code and gate level execution and offers 83-MBps sustained throughput, with dual Ethernet, triple UART, and SPI/I2C. The IM3910 is the newest member of Imsys’ IM3000 platform family of Reconfigurable System on Chip – RSoC products. Its high energy-efficiency and ability to deliver a sustained throughput of 83 MB/s makes it an ideal choice for I/O-demanding cost and power sensitive devices. The combination with Java makes it useful for applications such as automation networking, battery powered devices, Internet connected equipment, and Java enabled remote control, point of purchase systems and facility management.

The Java Virtual Machine is an integral part of the MCU, which reduces the JVM interpretation overhead leading to lower power consumption and longer battery life. The IM3910 sets new standards for energy efficiency due to its compact code, efficient control logic, and patented memory interface. Using Java the developer gets done faster doesn’t need to learn anything Imsys specific and hidden by the Java API. API support includes efficient networking and the designer can mix and match between Java, C and assembler.

IM3910 combines the best features of traditional CISC architectures and energy efficient use of resources with “FPGA-like” flexibility. IM3910 MCU supports dual 10/100 Ethernet ports, three UARTs with 920kbps, I2C or high speed, up to 20Mbps, SPI port, and has eight DMA channels with a sustained 83-MB/s throughput.

Pricing and Availability
IM3910-BA10 167-MHz MCU is available now at a price of$14.20 in quantity of 10k. The IM3910-M210 module comes with 32MBytes of DRAM and 8MBytes of flash and is available now at a price of $76.00 in quantity of 1k. The IM3910 is supported by Imsys development kit DK3-3910 at $695.

http://www.eecatalog.com/java/index....

Feb 26, 2008 03:44PM
Feb 26, 2008 04:25PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply