Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: What exactly is ARM challenging in claim 1 of 5440749?

That is an excellent question.. and I have no definitive answer for you. I have wondered that very thing for a long time...

I believe the '749 is what the original Shboom app eventually became, after the other 'pieces' were removed as per the PTO's request, and turned into separate patents..

As you recall.. Lecky made mention of this in his statement in response to Arm claiming they had 'won' when the '584 was dismissed without predjudice..

According to Leckrone, all ARM core families (ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11) and the ARM Cortex microprocessor core family do infringe upon the US ‘584 as well as US 5,440,749 in the MMP Portfolio.

At the time of this statement I was under the impression that this was Lecky stating that those Arm cores infringe on the '584 but also the '336 & '148 as well (encompassed in the '749).. this appears it may not be the case..?? Perhaps those Arm cores just plain infringe the '584 and the resultant Shboom microprocessor patent --> '749..?? If that is the case.. then the '749 is an extremely valuable patent.. esp wrt Arm.. It may be another hammer above their heads..

An FYI/FWIW.. in a phone conversation with Mr Pohl, he stated he absolutely expected Arm to eventually be accused of infringing the '336. I don't know if the '749 represents this possibility or not.. i would guess now it does not.

It would be nice to obtain a definitive answer to these questions...

New Message
Please login to post a reply