Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Someday soon, Motorola needs to sign

posted on Mar 17, 2008 09:14PM

Per their last 10K, Moto reported $36.6B in revenues.  Philips was the last BIG signer that we know the numbers on, and we know they paid $18M and that they have annual Revenues of approx $26.4B.  Based on that one can argue that the rate has increased from the average of $1 per $1956 in revenue you make to the Philips ratio of $1 per ever $1466 in revenue you make.  Using that ratio on Motorola, who intuitively to me seems to be a HUGE infringer, and it would net a license fee of $24.97M.  Charge them a 25% premium for waiting until after the J3 settled and it might mean a $31.22M license fee.

I assume Motorola is one of the more than 300 companies on notice, and that they were one of the first to be put on notice.  I also assume that negotiations have been ongoing for some time with them considering who they are and how long it's been since we learned those original notices went out.  Therefore, I would expect that the end game with Motorola has to be approaching.  Think about a killer 10q announcement either preceeded by or followed shortly thereafter with a Motorola license announcement........

Well, just a nice thought to send me off to bed.

New Message
Please login to post a reply