Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Explaining Myself re: Brian/Shareholder's Rep

posted on Apr 26, 2008 11:25AM

I'm afraid (but not too) that I pissed off a bunch of folks in this whole Brian deal. When he posted that he was going to come out blasting away at PTSC, about things which have already been "bitched about", it just struck me that the guy had a lot of nerve. He's OUR voice to the BoD. HE had the opportunity (that nobody else had) to influence the decision-making. He either didn't try, he did try but didn't provide a convincing argument, or was ignored. Any way you cut it, INEFFECTIVE. But, then to come out and complain about those decisions....like I say, a lot of nerve.

So one objective was to make it clear that any complaints coming out of HIM, while wearing that "Shareholder's Representative" hat, would be completely inappropriate.

Then I thought about the fact that, if he has so many complaints, he KNOWS that he has not been ineffective. I mean, if he had been effective - what would he have to complain about? Decisions that he was a party to?

Though I'm absolutely sure it didn't come across this way, I took the nicest possible approach to this. Again, IMO, there are only three ways that could have made him ineffective: He either didn't try, he did try but didn't provide a convincing argument, or was ignored.

Now, I could have gone off suggesting he never even tried to influence things. But I honestly don't believe this to be true. I believe he tried his best, when offered the opportunity.

I could have suggested that he tried, but was completely incompetent in his attempts. But, again, based on his discussion here in the past, and more recently, he does appear to be a capable communicator. Again, I believe he tried his best, when offered the opportunity.

So I placed the blame on the BoD/fellow Advisor Board members for ignoring him. Not his fault at all.

So, coming to this conclusion, the question becomes: do we want to be heard/considered, or not? If they are ignoring Brian, our rep, then they obviously are not even considering the average shareholder's point of view.

How to change this? We could moan till we're blue in the face. We could write another Letter from Shareholders, demanding consideration. But we've basically already tried these things - a couple of times - to no avail. So what would send the loudest message? And what action would point a wicked finger at the BoD? Why would a Shareholders Representative resign? This, IMO, had the best chance of getting the BoD to wake up to their JOB ONE - always consider the shareholders, your employers, first and foremost. Listen to our input, respond to it; recognize that you are accountable to us for your decisions.

So, these were the thoughts and motives behind that exercise. Maybe I'm an idiot, and this whole concept was stupid. But it hopefully stopped the completely inappropriate action of our Shareholder's Rep complaining about the BoD and its decisions (and how would this help us? What's the motive behind THAT? He supposedly has their ear - bitch to them!).

And, IMO, if Brian resigned in response, did we lose anything? Ouch, we lost an unheard voice. IMO, we lose nothing, really.

What might we gain? The attention of the BoD - some overdue consideration? Finally? If nothing else, if the news of the resignation of the Shareholder's Rep got out, they might be more compelled to react out of sheer embarrassment. BTW, I believe the news is adequately "out" - assuming his resignation is accepted.

My problem with Brian? Only that he, for whatever reasons, couldn't see the obvious - that he was totally ineffective in the position (his fault or not). IMO, most people, especially considering that there was no compensation (except the possibility of seeing inside information), once recognizing that "this just isn't working out as expected/advertised", would resign. Most would probably try to have a "heart to heart" with management first, in an attempt to correct the situation (and I don't know if Brian did this or not), then give it some more time. But after months turn into years with no change....it's time to bow out, IMO. And to send that loud, clear message.

I've asked Brian to explain - no response that I've seen.

Oh well, a novel explaining myself.

SGE

Next Installement: My amazement at the board's response.

PS: I KNOW that a bunch of people probably have me on ignore. I would appreciate it if someone would repost this message under their name (if you think the post is worthy) so that more might see it.

Apr 26, 2008 05:28PM
Apr 27, 2008 05:50AM
Apr 27, 2008 11:26AM

Apr 29, 2008 05:21AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply